At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
|Job Role/ Position||Software Engineer|
|Experience||Freshers (0 to 2 years)|
|Salary||Best In Industry|
|Last Date To Apply||As Soon As Possible (ASAP)|
- Spring Boot,
- REST API,
- Java technologies
Software Engineer – Backend Java and Data (Bangalore)
At PayPal, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the Engineering team help transform our business through customer-focused incentives, innovative design, and creative excellence. We are a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We are guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness
We are searching for a top-level Software Engineer to join us at PayPal on our Pricing and FX Insights Platforms Team. The Software Engineer will develop large-scale and distributed fault tolerant enterprise applications, collaborating with cross-functional teams, platform architecture, data governance, and product team to deliver high-quality platform products with zero noise in production and zero customer impact
You will contribute to designing, coding, testing, pushing it to live, owning the component, and improving the performance of the component in life. You will also help with:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, platform architecture, data governance, and product team
- Contribute to the design and develop the logical and physical data model for the Pricing Insights Data platform
- Develop large-scale and distributed fault tolerant enterprise applications using Hadoop and related open-source Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Hive, HBase, YARN, etc
- Translate product requirements into functional/business logic
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and internal testing sign-off for deliverables
- Building high throughput event-driven streaming data pipeline
- Building and maintaining the Spring boot batch applications
- Building REST API/services using Spring framework which reads the data from SOR performs business logic and exposes the output data to the client in REST API
- Scheduling jobs using UC4, Apache Airflow
We are seeking a Software Engineer with the ability to own their code and work on a broad range of different projects in backend services that mainly deal with enterprise operational data. Developing Java Spring batches, mid-tier REST services, Spark jobs, Creating Hive tables, and building and maintaining scalable data pipeline. What we are looking for:
- 0-2 plus years of development experience using Spring Boot, REST API, Java technologies
- 0-2 plus years in using the Hadoop ecosystem, Spark Streaming, HIVE
- Strong In-depth knowledge of the Hadoop technology ecosystem – HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, HBase, Kafka, Shell Scripting
- Experience in Java-based spark programming is preferred
- Experience in building scalable real-time systems and streaming solutions is preferred
- Experience with Linux/Unix and shell scripting is added advantages
- The ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential
- Great verbal and written communication skills when providing status reports and presenting to leadership.
- Understanding how to keep the team unblocked and focused
We offer an opportunity to be a part of a team that thrives in cultivating content and customer-focused solutions. We encourage and welcome out-of-the-box ideas in all areas of business as we push for efficiency and collaboration. We much enjoy all the benefits of working for PayPal.
We are guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Join us and contribute to our digital transformation! While you are part of our Engineering team, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business.
Reporting to: Appu Raman Arumugam Palanisamy
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by providing valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole of you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health, and life insurance, and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you cannot apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.